These are jobs found at an airport
FBO Front Desk Receptionist – Quick Look
|2010 Median Pay*
|$26,610 per year
$12.79 per hour
|High School Diploma or Equivalent
|Work Experience in a Related Occupation*
|Number of Jobs, 2010*
|Job Outlook, 2010-2020*
|Employment Change, 2010-20*
What Does an FBO Front Desk Receptionist Do?
The FBO Front Desk Receptionist is responsible for all customer service tasks at the front desk of an FBO (fixed base operations) office.
How to Become an FBO Front Desk Receptionist:
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Specific training is done on the job. Advanced training in administrative or computer related skills and customer service or receptionist experience is strongly preferred..
Job Outlook*: The employment outlook for an FBO Front Desk Receptionist is projected to grow by 17% from 2010-2020.
Job Description of an FBO Front Desk Receptionist:
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for all customer service tasks at the front desk of an FBO office at an airport including but not limited to, greeting and assisting flight crews and passengers with requests, car rentals, hotel accommodations, catering, ground transport arrangements, pilot supplies and other ground support items. They also answer multiple line telephones and ground-to-air radio, accept payment for services, assist with daily reconciliation of sales, balances cash drawer and prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports to management.
This is a Non-Exempt position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides exceptional customer service at the front desk to all customers, suppliers and employees.
- Maintains working knowledge of local hotels, restaurants, rental agencies, and other local attractions.
- Maintains positive customer service relationships with all customers, suppliers and employees.
- Resolves or refers concerns and complaints to appropriate representatives.
- Provides customer with professional service and assistance with the following:
- Directions to local attractions, assisting customers with line service requests
- Reserving and coordinating car rentals
- Coordinating catering requests
- Ensures that all documentation, receipts, transactions, accounting records, etc. are accurately completed, processed, and forwarded to the appropriate parties.
- Responds to vendor, customer, and employee questions/concerns in an efficient and effective manner.
- Maintains continuous radio contact with line service personnel.
- Receives aircraft service orders and directs line service personnel to accomplish service requests as appropriate.
- Processes customer daily refueling journals and preparation of receivable/payable accounting in accordance with procedures.
- Completes service request forms, hangar/ramp storage records and daily aircraft movements and services log.
- Monitors vehicle/personnel access onto aircraft parking ramp.
- Maintains the appearance of the interior airport facility and replenishes complementary beverages/supplies.
- Recommends improvements in standards, administrative procedures, facilities, methods, and practices to the appropriate management personnel.
- Enforces good housekeeping practices through daily inspections of assigned areas for cleanliness, neatness, and compliance with regulations and policies.
- Provides support to all team members to ensure exceptional customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate both verbal and written.
- Proficient in computer operations (internet, email, Microsoft Word).
- Knowledge of radio procedures and protocols preferred.
- Prior experience working in an airport or Fixed Base Operation environment a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may stand or sit for long periods of time, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy items, up to 50 pounds. The work may require specific, but common, physical characteristics and abilities such as above-average agility and finger dexterity.
Aviation is a great career choice but you need to plan for the future! Robert Kiyosaki can help you build wealth. Check out his course on Real estate Investing. For a limited time he is offering it at 90% off!